Laboratory services for HIP
Benefits Application & materials Process details
Technical support provided to increase customer understanding of HIP benefits, provide quality assurance, and offer internal development of new products or services.
- Increased customer understanding in the benefits of HIP
- Quality assurance for integrity of PM densification and HIP cladding
- Internal development/testing of new products/services
- Evaluation of the effect of HIP on novel material combinations
- Testing to applicable ASTM and MPIF standards
- Failure analysis tool
- Collaboration with customers for development projects
- Technical support for Bodycote and our customers.
Application & materials
This is a value-added service for Bodycote customers for proof of concept, quality assurance, and technical support.
All materials that can be HIPed can be evaluated in the laboratory.
- Provide technical expertise in materials characterization and behaviour
- Assure integrity of HIP PM billets by argon analysis and pycnometric density measurement
- Illustrate effects of HIP on a microstructural level via metallography and image analysis software
- Evaluate bond interfaces with SEM/EDS analysis
- Provide customer technical support.