Summary: Under limited supervision, responsible for essential job functions involving preparation and testing of parts.
Essential Job Functions (Duties and Responsibilities): The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Review paperwork to verify information and testing to be done.
- Prepares parts and equipment for testing procedures.
- Conducts testing as required, reporting any non-conformance to manager.
- Accurately completes required paperwork and follows through as required.
- Promotes and practices safety and good housekeeping.
- Must work in a manner consistent with the EMS.
- Performs other tasks as designated by position.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education – Associate or higher degree in metallurgy
- Minimum one year in lab or related position.
- Must be able to read and understand blueprints and specifications.
- Must have basic knowledge of metallurgy, heat treating, inspection and related subjects.
- Must be able to use RC hardness tester and other testing equipment as required.
- Requires computer experience and good understanding of basic math.
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required.
Physical & Mental Demands: The following physical and mental demands consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on airplane travel) in an office/industrial environment.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract for employment. Bodycote reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Apply online now
Back to Opportunities