Senior General Manager
Summary: The Senior General Manager will be responsible for the performance of the ADE Heat Treat plants servicing Wichita McLean and Wichita West.
Essential Job Functions (Duties and Responsibilities): The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Full leadership and management accountability regarding the performance on all aspects of safety, quality, on time delivery, and Profit and Loss (P&L) performance for the Wichita area ADE Heat Treat Plants
- Responsible for achieving or exceeding safety, quality, service, cost, business development, and sales growth goals for his/her plants
- Responsible for achieving superior customer service across all plants, driving sales growth, as well as local business development
- Retention, recruitment, training, and development of the plant leadership team to strengthen and develop leadership skill and management skills; ensure appropriate staffing levels are maintained throughout the plants
- Setting the standard and driving operational excellence throughout the plants. This role requires daily interaction with all business functions to maintain and meet plant goals and objectives. These groups include: customers, quality, technical support, engineering support, and finance
- Contribute to the development and deployment of systemic improvements to enhance the safety, quality, capacity, and capability of Bodycote’s technical business processes within the plant; executing continuous improvement opportunities using six sigma and lean methodologies to achieve business goals
- Driving a dominant culture of customer service throughout all plants; may include the development of long term agreements with customers, growing sales opportunities within the current customer base, and driving strategic growth and business development plans
- Capital equipment planning including plant layouts, capital planning and deployment, control of overhead expenses
- Workforce planning and forecasting, employee hiring and training, and ensuring the full compliance of company policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism
- May have access to compensation information of other employees or applicants in this role and as such cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to other individuals.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education – Completion of BA or BS in business, technology or related field, or equivalent; MS/MA degree in business or technical field preferred
- Eight years heat treat experience in management or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 12 years of industrial and/or related leadership experience, within a complex industrial environment
- At least 10 years of experience utilizing lean industrial concepts with a proven track record of lean/six sigma project implementation
- Minimum of 10 years of proactive management of labor performance and appropriately handling of employee issues as they arise
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Strong management skills including the ability to make decisions with minimal supervision, strengths in goal setting, delegation, coaching, and motivating
- Must be willing to travel as needed within the South Central Region and possibly to other parts of the country
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required
- Demonstrated experience in business development, team building and recruitment desired
- Desired experience in industrial environment, industrial engineering, and supervisory experience in the aerospace/defense industry
- Oral and written fluency in Spanish preferred
- Familiarity with AMS and MIL standards, ISO 9000-2000, MAAP Policy, AS6500 and related Aerospace and Defense standards
Physical & Mental Demands: The following physical and mental demands consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on airplane travel) in an office/industrial environment.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions.
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions.
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract for employment. Bodycote reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Apply online now
Back to Opportunities