Regional Engineer (Central Region)
Wichita, KS or Dallas/Fort Worth, TX
Summary: The Regional Engineer will provide engineering and project direction for equipment and facility installations at all Bodycote locations, as directed by the Regional General Manager. Included in this scope of work are the assessment, development, improvement and implementation of equipment maintenance training, PM systems, and basic environmental and safety programs, workflow and cost control.
Essential Job Functions (Duties and Responsibilities): The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- Provide engineering assistance on projects for equipment and facility installations.
- Provide field supervision for the installation and start-up of equipment and facility projects as directed by the Regional General Manager.
- Provide site-specific maintenance training as directed.
- Provide assistance in identifying and implementing process improvements and cost reductions.
- Interface with equipment manufacturers and vendors in order to maintain a positive working relationship and remain current on new equipment capabilities and technology advancements.
- Provide a valuable communication link to all levels of Bodycote, from corporate management through the divisional associates.
- Provide both written and oral communication on an ongoing basis to both the Management and Maintenance associates.
- Must work in a manner consistent with the EMS.
- Must work with Regional Safety Manager to provide guidance in order to meet current OSHA and environmental standards. This applies to general programs and compliance.
- Manages capital projects by initiating Capital Asset Requests, initiating purchasing requests for CapEx project related items, and supervising installation and project milestones and timing.
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience; Mechanical Engineering, Material Science, Industrial Technology, Metallurgy or related disciplines.
- 7+ years of related experience, preferably aerospace industry and heat treat experience
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Must be willing to travel as needed within Region
- Must demonstrate the ability to read, write and communicate the English language
- Knowledge and hands on experience of computer applications including Microsoft Office and databases is required
Physical & Mental Demands: The following physical and mental demands consist of, but are not limited to the following.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, fumes, noise, dust, humidity, fumes, argon and nitrogen gas lines, valve panels (high pressure), and chemical solvents
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions
- Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of the work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, the job description does not constitute a written or implied contract for employment. Bodycote reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against otherwise qualified applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, veteran status or on the basis of disability.
Apply online now
Back to Opportunities