Director of Quality
All US Locations (CST Preferred)
Summary: Responsible for maintaining and ensuring compliance of the centralized quality system for the Aerospace Defence and Energy (ADE) North America aerospace sites. Although this is a centralized quality system, it is executed site by site so the execution responsibility falls to the site and outside of direct responsibilities of this position. Assist sites as requested with implementation or compliance to new standards or revisions. Participate as Bodycote representative in outside quality organizations such as NADCAP, AMEC, etc. for ADE North America. Technical expert in customer and quality specifications and resource for the sites, as well as provide standardized training as required. Work with Human Resources to establish training curriculum for both quality and heat treat personnel. Assist sites in audits as requested.
Requirements (Qualifications & Skills): The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required:
- Education – Bachelor of Science Degree in Quality, Engineering, Metallurgy or related degree preferred. Equivalent experience may be acceptable.
- Experience: Requires experience and practical knowledge of commercial heat treatment of aerospace alloys including steel, aluminum, titanium, nickel, copper, etc. Should be considered an expert in the industry.
- Minimum of 10 years quality or technical experience in Aerospace industry including successful experience as Quality Manager of aerospace heat treat facility.
- Certified Quality auditor in AS9100 and ISO9001. EMS 14001 certification a plus but not required. Must be extremely familiar with NADCAP and able to conduct pre-NADCAP audits to assist sites as requested.
- Must be capable of making written recommendations for improving Quality Assurance Systems and Procedures (BQS).
- Must be thoroughly familiar with commercial (AMS, ASTM), aircraft, and aerospace specifications, ISO, AS, QS and TS quality systems.
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints, specifications and purchase orders and provide guidance to sites on the same. Considered the expert within Bodycote and capable of discussions both inside and outside of Bodycote.
- Must be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Advanced knowledge of pc based computer operations is required to maintain the electronically managed and centralized BQS.
- Directly responsible for ensuring compliance of the centralized Bodycote Quality System (BQS) to nationally recognized standards including NADCAP, AS9100 and AMS2750.
- Ability to travel up to 75% of the time across North America with minimal notice to meet the business needs.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities): The primary duties consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and maintain Bodycote Quality System in compliance with 3rd party and customer specifications. A high priority is placed on NADCAP and AS9100 standards.
- Assist the sites as requested in the implementation of Bodycote Quality System (BQS) and/or auditing as requested.
- Acts as a technical expert within Bodycote ADE on 3rd party and customer specification and requirements, as well as guidance to sites on compliance.
- Develop overall training programs in support of above and work with Human Resources to provide training curriculum and resources to support same.
- Ability to review customer proposals, requests for quotations and/or purchase orders, including changes, to determine quality requirements, and insure their input into internal planning.
- Establish/maintain relationships with customer representatives in quality related activities, including source inspection, audits and process surveys and being on-site as needed.
- Ability to meet with both 3rd party and high level customer representatives to discuss compliance and/or escape issues. Thorough training and experience in Root Cause Corrective Action and ability to apply corrective actions system-wide.
- Acts as a member of the ADE NA Management team. The position is expected to behave in in an open and collaborative way.
- Responsible for the mentoring and coaching of quality team members across North America.
- Performs other duties as dictated by position or required by the VP NA Operations.
Physical & Mental Demands: The following physical and mental demands consist of, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to work in a sitting position for extended periods of time (at desk, while driving, and/or on airplane travel) in an office/industrial environment.
- Must have the ability to travel extensively by airline.
- Manual dexterity to perform data entry functions.
- Ability to bend, pull, stoop and reach to perform functions.
- Ability to lift 25-30 lbs.
- May be exposed to heat, dust, fumes, noise, and humidity, etc. Must be able to physically audit sites in a heat treat environment.
- Must have the cognitive and mental capacity to perform essential job functions.
- Requires effective verbal and written communication skills for interfacing with management and all level, both in-house and at customer’s place of business.
- Visual acuity to read documents, computer screens, files, etc.
- Ability to hear in person and via phone.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Bodycote reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against current and prospective employees based on race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age for individuals over forty years of age, military and veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
Apply online now
Back to Opportunities