Automotive, General & Industrial
Summary: The scope of the position involves running plant operations and customer service in a very hands on way to assure compliance of production volumes and delivery times. The Plant Manager communicates with customers daily, manages planning, scheduling, logistics, hiring, training, organizing and overall direction of day to day activities.
Requirements (Qualifications & Skills):
- Education: Four year bachelor degree preferred in metallurgy, materials science, or other related field.
- Must have strong communication skills
- Experience: Requires extensive knowledge of heat treating, operations management, metallurgy, inspection and customer needs through technical and advanced training, seminars, college, B.S.M.E. (metallurgy) and/or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum five years of practical experience in the heat treatment of steel parts according the dynamics, methods and rules of automotive industry.
- Must have the ability to manage multi-level employees and functions with a minimum of five years experience in a supervisory role.
- Must be knowledgeable in customer needs, material handling procedures, and APQP.
- Must possess knowledge and have experience in industrial safety programs and SHE regulations is a must.
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Talks to customers as necessary to maximize Customer Service and revenue generation.
- Ensures customers’ needs are appropriately met by shipping to schedule with minimum turnaround time and a high degree of quality, working closely with the Quality Manager.
- Updates and post the Production Schedule in order to assign work load and priorities to Supervisors, Shipping clerks, Operators and equipment for all shifts, setting concrete goals in terms of number and type of loads, timing, mix of parts, quantity of each PN to be processed, and delivery commitments.
- Establishes, evaluates and informs to Management, “Production, Delivery and Utilization Performance Reports”, proactively takes the measures to meet Plant goals.
- Writes, implements, updates and keep operational, all production work instructions, trains and certifies his/her subordinates and any other involved positions in its correct application.
- Establishes and controls effective purchasing and inventory control of production materials and supplies in order to avoid any shortage and production shut down while keeping the lowest cost
- Establishes and keeps in operation, Safety and Health and waste management rules and procedures.
- Supports new business development through expedite, precise and efficient process testing, offering results in no more than one natural week.
- Establishes energy management goals, procedures, methods of evaluation and reports to Management improvements on monthly basis.
- Conducts production meetings including supervisors and operators’ meetings
- Participates in Staff Meetings, such as Daily Metrics and Production floor walk.
- Directs maintenance activities in regard to shop equipment, instrumentation, facilities and personnel, working in coordination with maintenance.
- Establishes and implements training plans and schedules. Proposes career plans for his/her subordinates.
- Reviews Staffing needs to fulflil production requirements, propose changes according based on financial performance of the company.
Bodycote is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply online now
Back to Opportunities