Performs essential job functions relating to all maintenance department issues under minimal supervision.
Requirements (qualifications & skills):
- Education: high school diploma or equivalent. Advanced training in electrical, maintenance, etc. preferred.
- Five years experience in heat treating industry and maintenance
- Must possess the skills to effectively supervise and direct the work of maintenance department employees
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulics and furnaces and be able to read and interpret blueprints
- Must have experience with welding, cutting, brazing, etc., and working knowledge of electricity
- Language skills: must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing
- Physical demands: must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, bend, lift, climb, stand and stoop
- Work environment: regularly exposed to heat, dust, noise, humidity, fumes, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends, and be on call as needed
- Must have the ability to report to work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism
Essential job functions (duties & responsibilities):
- Responsible for systematic and timely maintenance throughout the plant
- Responsible for all general maintenance duties including painting, cleaning, fixture/tooling fabrication, installing belts, bearings, chains, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining plant equipment, including preventative maintenance and new equipment installation
- Responsible for building maintenance as needed/required/directed
- Responsible for completion of instrument calibration and temperature surveys
- Supervises and directs all maintenance department employees including discipline and reviews
- Promotes and practices safety and good housekeeping procedures
- Must work in a manner consistent with the EMS
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position
Apply online now
Back to Opportunities